Protect your Smartphone from Mobile Malware | AVG Antivirus Support
The number of Smartphone users across the world is rapidly increasing. But, have you ever thought that is it safe to get access to sensitive information & data on your Smartphone? With the malicious programs designed to target Smartphones, it’s becoming increasingly dangerous to use phones without precautions and security software. AVG Antivirus Support team of GlobalTech Squad is here to suggest some especially relevant ideas to prevent malware from taking over your phone.
What is Mobile Malware
A mobile malware is a malicious software, designed specifically to target a mobile device system, such as a tablet or Smartphone to damage or disrupt the device. In short, Malware is a software with a malicious purpose. Mobile malware can remotely control your device, disable your device, or steal valuable information. Mobile malware is same as PC malware, designed to infect devices.
What are the threats of mobile malware
- Confidential information gets stolen.
- It can take full control of your device.
- Bank account password gets stolen.
- It can erase the data available on your phone.
- To launch an attack on targets infected device is used.
- Device gets bricked and needs replacing.
How Mobile malware can affect your device
Like computers, Smartphones and tablets are also vulnerable to hacking, malware, and virus. Smartphone devices are becoming a rich potential target for hackers and malware developers as 35% of American adults own Smartphones. Nowadays, smartphones are like mini computers that are able to connect with internet, online banking, shopping and more. In year 2004, researchers found the first case of mobile malware. In year 2010, the mobile malware increased by 250% over the year. The first case of phishing mobile application was also found the same year. The recent studies indicate that amount of malware to double over the year.
- Fake versions of Apps and games in android operating system allow attackers to remotely control your phone. Android malware has affected millions of users till now.
- The blackberry mobiles suffer predominantly by spyware applications.
- Most prolific and effective mobile malware target Symbian and Windows operating system.
- Many legit iPhone and iPad applications leaks information to the third-party. Jailbreaking puts iPhone user at risk for downloading infected or fake applications. 10% of the iPhone users use 0000 or 1234 as their password, making it easy to hack the device.
How mobile malware and hackers get you
Spyware – Spyware is a software that enables a user to get covert information about another’s computer activities by transmitting data covertly from their hard drive.
Phishing – Phishing is a fraudulent practice of sending emails pretending as reputable companies to induce people to get personal information, such as passwords and credit card numbers.
Worms – Worm is a self-replicating computer program that penetrates an operating system with the objective of spreading malicious code. Worms use networks to send copies of the original code to other computers, causing harm by consuming bandwidth or possibly deleting files or sending documents via email.
Trojan – A Trojan horse or Trojan is a type of malware that is often disguised as legitimate software. Cyber thieves and hackers employ Trojans to gain access to user’s systems.
Wi-Fi Snooping – Wi-Fi snooping can occur when you access a public network. An attacker can closely watch and access your private information.
Direct Attack – Some malicious files with malicious codes gets into your Smartphone when you click a link available at malicious website. Some SMS texts also contain viruses. Viruses send a request for Bluetooth connections to spread.
Protect your mobile device from malware and hackers with our AVG Antivirus Support
- Update Operating Systems and software when a new update is available. AVG Antivirus Support team of GlobalTech Squad makes sure the OS and software is up-to-date at all times if you have subscribed our services.
- Do not download applications from third-party application sources. Download applications from reputed sites and sources and closely review the app permission requests.
- Make sure to check the feedback of other users before installing the program.
- Do not access your personal information while banking and shopping online over a public Wi-Fi connection.
- Always use strong password and a personal firewall.
- Turn off Bluetooth and other connection when not in use.
- Install AVG Antivirus for Android.
- Subscribe to AVG Antivirus Support services of GlobalTech Squad.
GlobalTech Squad is a reputed technical support company that offers excellent AVG Antivirus Support. If you have any query or problem related to your AVG product, do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Our AVG Support team is 24×7 available for your help. We have a team of highly skilled and experienced support for AVG Antivirus experts, therefore we offer instant and effective solution for every problem at affordable prices. Our Toll-Free AVG Antivirus Support Phone number is – USA/Canada: 1-800-294-5907 : 1-844-573-0859 UK: 0-808-189-0272 Australia: 1-300-326-128. You can also contact us via email, our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org